As I have been trying to get clean and stay clean I thought it would be a good idea to revisit some unfortunate things that happened when I’ve been drinking so I have a list to think about next time I want to nail myself. As you will see these things range from mildly annoying to very concerning.
- I overspent with internet shopping
- With the internet shopping I bought strange things I would likely never wear
- I posted strange things on social media
- I missed derby practice because I was too drunk to drive (and skate, obviously)
- I had broken sleep
- I cut and burned myself while cooking drunk
- Pea went out once when I had been drinking and returned to find me unconscious at the bottom of the back steps. We don’t know if I fell and hit my head or what.
- I withdrew from my savings account to pay for all the alcohol I was drinking
- I missed out of family events because I was passed out drunk
- I couldn’t enjoy other family events because I was hungover
- I threw up in the bedroom
- Throwing up on myself. Vomit laundry is no fun
- I blacked out and couldn’t remember the night before
- I missed work due to broken sleep from drinking
- I gained weight
- I was more likely to crave and eat junk food when drunk (see weight gain above)
- I also ate badly when hungover
- A blood test revealed abnormalities in my liver enzymes
These are just some things for me to think about, and hopefully I can do better.